Want to join the team?
Join us at GalaxyWorks - a member of the most popular open source bioinformatics ecosystem in the world! Check out our job postings here, or reach out directly.
Remote, but in the US
You are a creative and pragmatic individual who wants to apply technical expertise while continuing to learn new skills and acquire knowledge in bioinformatics. You will be challenged with solving practical tasks for our clients that span different analysis techniques, require understanding of tools, data, and biology.
- Execute on client bioinformatics data analysis projects across a wide variety of domains in genomics and bioinformatics
- Implement and/or tailor best practices, novel pipelines and data analysis methods
- Maintenance of and improvements to existing client genomic pipelines, bioinformatics tools, and related software and systems
- Scope work for new and existing client projects
- Experience developing pipelines and analyzing data in genomics and biology
- Familiarity with tools and data types
- Competencies in Python, XML, shell scripting, Conda
- B.S. or higher degree in Computational Biology or a related field
- Comfort working in a startup environment, where ambiguity can be high and priorities change often
- Salary range between $50-90k depending on qualifications and experience
- Equity in GalaxyWorks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance that is 100% employer paid
- Paid time off including 10 public holidays and 25 days of combined vacation and sicktime
We are looking for
- A self-starter, self-motivated, problem solver
- Someone who will see a solution through to completion
- An independent learner
- A team player that is communicative and open to receiving and providing feedback
Apply by emailing your 1-page resume to email@example.com.